I love helping people save money and earn money. Below is a listing of money making programs that I utilize, including survey companies, rebate opportunities, cash back programs and points programs. I use all of these and I don’t think any of them are a waste of time or are junky.
I’ve updated this for 2014, and I’ve included when applicable the amount of money I earned in 2013, so you can judge for yourself whether or not this might be a good program for you.
I spend about 30 minutes a day doing surveys (usually when Lil’ Man is down for a nap) and other point/cash earning opportunities.
Shopping/Dining Out Programs:
Those at offer free credit when you sign up. Those credits can be used on your first purchase, this usually results in a free or low OOP bill on your first purchase.
- Vitacost.com- New members who sign up through this link receive $10off any purchase of $30 or more. There are many items that qualify for free shipping. And you can select two free samples per order too! I get my vitamins and Atkins snack bars from Vitacost for a lot less than I can find in stores.
- OneKingsLane- $15.00 shopping credit for new members. Great, affordable home goods.
- Mogl- This site is a little different. Sign up and register your credit/debit cards. When you eat out at participating restaurants, you’ll receive 10% cash back! You can use this in addition to any other cash back offers your credit or debit card offers. I’ve earned $40 in 2013 and we don’t eat out very often!
Survey and other programs for cash, gift cards, or coupons:
Programs that pay cash (either via Paypal or a live check mailed to you) :
- Earn Cash with Paid View Point. Surveys are short (less than 5 minutes). Earn cash with each Survey. You get $1.00 when you sign up! You can cash out Via Paypal when you reach $15.00+. I earned $60.00 in 2013.
- I also do PineCone Research. I don’t know if they are looking for new members right now, but it can’t hurt to sign up here. They pay $3.00 per survey and occasionally they have opportunities to test products at home. Those pay a little more, usually $10.00. You get paid via paypal usually the day after the survey is complete, or you can opt to receive a check in the mail. I earned $75.00 in 2013.
- Whether you are saving money for your childs college education or paying off your own student loans, Upromise is a wonderful program (you can even use it if you are not going to college or don’t have kids!). Shop online and earn cash back. You can also apply for their credit card and enroll in their dining program to earn extra money! I earned $350 in 2013.
Programs that pay with gift cards and other rewards:
- Earn Gift cards with Mypoints. I take surveys, click links in emails, and do all of my online shopping through Mypoints. I earned $100 in gift cards in 2013!
- I also use Swagbucks. I use their search engine toolbar, take a daily poll, watch a video and click a few links each day ! I earned $250 in Amazon Gift Cards in 2013!
- I love Recyclebank. Take quizzes, make pledges all in an effort to help “green” the planet! You’ll earn points that you can redeem for high value coupons. If you save enough points, you can redeem points for gift cards and magazines.
- Small Business Knowledge Center: Do you get lots of junk mail? Is your inbox full of spam? Insurance, credit card offers, banking, credit cards, investing, telecom, mortgage or other loan type junk mail and spam? Then, I have a RAD offer for you!
The Small Business Knowledge Center (SBKC) studies marketing techniques and practices. They securely dispose of your junk mail after they are done with it- no need to worry! You can also put stickies on paperwork that you would like back and they will return it to you!
SBKC mails you postage paid envelopes, you stuff your junk mail into it and drop it into the mail. You will receive points for your junk mail, and once you receive 2000 points, you will receive a $20 gift card to ICardGiftCard.com. You can also forward emails to them as well. They occasionally have special projects where they are looking for special items like welcome packets for credit cards. Special projects offer additional/bonus points.
I’ve done SBKC for 4 years and I consistently earn one $20.00 gift card per quarter, that’s $80.00 in gift cards per year! In 2013, I earned $120 in giftcards! That’s free money that I did no work for. Just forward some emails before I hit “delete” and toss my junk mail into an envelope as it comes into the house and mail an envelope once a week.
Unlike many other programs, you can sign everyone in your home who is over the age of 18!
If you are interested in signing up, here is the link. In the box next to: How did you here about the SBKC Consumer Panel? Please type my name: Abby Hewes.
This page contains affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Disclosure here.