The Blog-o-svere is agog with the news that Dollar Tree is going to accept coupons nationwide effective 8/26/12.
I’ve read it on about a dozen blogs and Dollar Tree confirmed it on their Facebook page here.
Their website hasn’t been updated to reflect this change, but from all I’ve seen online, here is the new coupon policy:
- They will only accept 2 internet coupons per transaction.
- BOGO coupons are not permitted.
- They Do NOT take any coupons for FREE items.
- Coupons that require the cashier to write in the price are NOT allowed.
- No retailer specific coupons (those that say, “Valid at…”)
- Coupons must be presented at time of purchase.
- Coupons can’t be redeemed for more than the value of the product- NO OVERAGE!
- No Doubling.
The downer is that their website doesn’t really tell you what’s in the store and most Dollar Tree stores sell primarily their own brand. HOWEVER, they usually have Colgate toothpaste, Reynolds Aluminum Wrap, name brand air freshener cones, and name brands sodas.
I’ll try to stop by this week and see what kinds of name brand food they have, and try to snap some pics too. We’re leaving the east coast tomorrow night, and I’ll be back in the land of deals and freebies!